Monday 9 January 2012

New Year, Fresh Start.

The new year, 2012, has dawned, thus bringing us to a new bend in the road.  
With the coming of each new year, we like to reflect on the old year and face the new.

crista moriah photography
     
For me, it's always important to reflect on what my walk with God was like in the previous year. I feel a need to 'rethink' my relationship with Him.

Here is a list of 3 simple steps to follow
that will help us all get back on track in our Christian walk.


(1) It is always essential to spend time with God daily.
Try setting aside a part of your day to read your Bible and pour your heart out to Him. 
 
  
"Remain in me, and I will remain in you. No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. I am the vine; you are the branches. If a man remains in me and I in him, he will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. This is to my Father's glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples." 
{John 15:4,5,8}

If we remain in Christ, we will grow spiritually.


(2) Immerse yourself deeper in God's Word.  Find a good source of spiritual encouragement {i.e. subscribe to online devotionals. I read Holley Gerth's...they are fabulous!}. 

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path." 
{Psalm 119:105} 

(3)Ask the Lord to help you grow in your walk with Him.
Pray that He will renew your heart and that you would want to spend more time with Him.

"Create in me a clean heart,
O God; and renew a right spirit within me." 
{Psalm 51:10}

May the Lord richly bless our New Year as we strive towards the goal of knowing Him more!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for posting this! The tips are fantastic, but what I really, really, really appreciate was the link to that devotional site. I've signed up for the email updates, but the most wonderful thing is that the site led me to a book that might just change my life! Then the book led me to a blog that led me to a challenge that could make 2012 one of the best years ever! Praise God :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...