Monday 23 January 2012

Cry Out!


"There is not in the world a kind of life more sweet and
delightful than that of a continual conversation with God."
~Brother Lawrence

crista moriah photography


It is so important to develop a close relationship with our Savior.  He must become so broken hearted when we {sometimes, not even meaning to} distance ourselves from Him with our silence.  The other day, Jesus opened my eyes to what His heart must feel like when that happens and we do not have a regular prayer life with Him.  I wrote a letter about it, sort of like a heart to heart from God to us...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My Child,

It's been quite awhile since I've heard from you.
My heart has grown very lonely from the lack of our conversations. 
Please cry out to me.  Your lips have been silent too long.  I need to hear from you!

Where have you been?  The stretch between us has grown so far.  Our hearts need to be reunited!  We must share every little thing with each other once again. You casting your burdens on Me, knowing that I will take them without hesitation. You sharing your hopes and dreams; Myself smiling, looking ahead at the future and deciding what is the wisest thing for you.

I miss you.  I want to be close to you.  I love you.  Cry out to me...soon

Love,
Your Father in Heaven

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The key to having a good prayer life is being disciplined about it. 

It seems as though when I try to have time with Him, things come up. Satan will not waste any opportunites to distract us from prayer, reading the Word, or anything that will benefit us spiritually.

Francois Fenelon once said, "Time spent in prayer is never wasted." How true are these words! Commit to praying for 10 minutes a day to begin with, then add a little more each day. Simple, right?

Sometimes, it's easy to view prayer as "just another thing to do" or a chore, but instead it should be an intimate part of our relationship with Jesus.  We should view our prayer time as precious moments to spend pouring out all of our hopes, dreams, and fears to His compassionate ears.  He cares.  He loves us dearly and longs for a close relationship with us!  As Jesus says to us in the Love Letter to us, "Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you..." {James 4:8} 

Once we start pouring our hearts out to Him, it creates a feeling of joyous freedom in our souls--
It causes us to draw near to God--it strengthens us!

crista moriah photography

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
I believe it is important to pray for our brothers and sisters in Christ as well.
So many times I have been encouraged by a friend saying that they are praying for me. 
It always seems to lift your spirits knowing someone cares about you.

"The greatest gift we can give to others is our prayers."
~Unknown

If there is anything you would like to share with me, please do not hesitate to drop a comment at the bottom of this post--I would love to be able to pray for you. :)

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Stay strong, dear sisters!  Let us strive to cry out to Him each and every day!


4 comments:

  1. So true Moriah! This reminded me to talk with my Father more! Thank you for writing this!

    Tirzah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I love the pictures of all the flowers :)

    http://thegoodlifeoncampus.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for this great post, Moriah! The 10 minute rule is definitely something practical and concrete that could kick-start a vibrant prayer life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tirzah:: I'm glad that this post encouraged you!

    Marlee:: Thank you! :)

    Abby:: Very true...I'm hoping that it will enrich my prayer life as well by committing to spending that time with Him.

    Blessings!
    ~Moriah

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...