Monday 9 April 2012

A Random Taste of What Is To Come....

Hello Girls!  Our topic for the next two weeks will be on friendship! This should be an awesome two weeks as the topic is an important part of our lives and has taught so many of us so many lessons.

However it has been really busy at our house for the past few weeks, so for this post I'm going to take some inspiration from some other sources :) 

The Gift Of Friendship


Found on Google Images
Friendship is a priceless gift
That cannot be bought or sold,
But its value is far greater
Than a mountain made of gold -
For gold is cold and lifeless,
It can neither see nor hear,
And in the time of trouble
It is powerless to cheer
It has no ears to listen,
No heart to understand,
It cannot bring you comfort
Or reach out a helping hand -
So when you ask God for a Gift,
Be thankful if He sends
Not diamonds, pearls or riches,
But the love of real true friends.

Helen Steiner Rice




 


What does the Bible have to say about Friendship? A lot!  Here are some of my favorite verses on the topic!

John 15:12-15 “This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that someone lay down his life for his friends. You are my friends if you do what I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you."

Luke 6:31 "And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them."

Proverbs 27:17 "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."

"Two are better than one; because they have a good reward for their labor. For if they fall, the one will lift up his fellow: but woe unto him that is alone when he falleth; for he hath not another to help him up."  ~  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10

What do some of the great men of history have to say on the topic of friendship? Well, let's find out! (This was fun, finding all these quotes =])

“Is any pleasure on earth as great as a circle of Christian friends by a good fire?” C.S. Lewis

"But friendship is precious, not only in the shade, but in the sunshine of life, and thanks to a benevolent arrangement the greater part of life is sunshine."
Thomas Jefferson

Friendship is born at the moment when one person says to another, "What? You too? I thought I was the only one." ~ Anonymous

“The next best thing to being wise oneself is to live in a circle of those who are.”  C.S. Lewis
But friendship is the breathing rose, with sweets in every fold. ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
 "A friend is a gift you give yourself." ~ Robert Louis Stevenson

My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me." ~ Henry Ford

"No soul is desolate as long as there is a human being for whom it can feel trust and reverence." ~ George Eliot

“Family not only need to consist of merely those whom we share blood, but also for those whom we'd give blood.”
― Charles Dickens


Found on Google Images

And what do our favorite heroines have to say?
Well.....

"Kindred Spirits are not so scarce as I used to think. It's spendid to find out there are so many of them in the world." - Anne Shirley in Anne of Green Gables

“Good books, like good friends, are few and chosen; the more select, the more enjoyable.” ~ Louisa May Alcott =]

“There is nothing I would not do for those who are really my friends. I have no notion of loving people by halves, it is not my nature.” ~ Jane Austen Northanger Abbey

"If I take offence easily; if I am content to continue in cold unfriendliness, though friendship be possible, then I know nothing of Calvary love."  ~ Amy Carmichael

Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much. ~ Helen Keller

"Stay is a charming word in a friend's vocabulary." ~ Louisa May Alcott


  I hope you enjoyed this small taste =] It was neat to see how many famous people left quotes having to do with friendship.  It is truly a very important ingredient in this walk through life.

Have a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...