Monday 12 November 2012

That's MY King.

I'd like to begin by showing y'all this video to get you thinking about how Holy God really is: 




Holiness. 

It’s absolute perfection. The clearest of purities. An unattainable quality attributed only to our one, true God, Jesus Christ. It’s a quality that causes the angels and heavenly being to fall prostrate before Him, and it’s one that will someday cause every knee to bow and every tongue to confess.

And it’s there to show us the flaws of the human condition. But it’s also there to give us hope.
We see how much everyone is desperately in need of a Savior. Someone who can rescue them from the muck and mire of sin that we so desperately cling to. As broken, sinful human beings, we look at ourselves in the mirror and think, “Oh. Look at me, I’m so filthy. Why would God care about me? He could never love me. I’m not good enough.” 

Let me tell you, ladies. We aren’t good enough (Romans 3:23). No one is. That’s how incredible Holiness is. God is SO GLORIOUS we are not even worthy to stand in His presence.

But. Our God is not only a Hágios God. He is also a God of HOPE. Did you hear that!? He gives us broken, dirty sinners HOPE! Praise God! He says, “I love you anyway, my daughter.” He says “Run to me!” He says “Do not lose heart! Though our outer self is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.”

That’s His Holiness.

Our God gives us hope when we thought that was no more. He fills us when we are empty. He knows how sinful we are, but offers NEVER-ENDING forgiveness. For “We also know that law is made not for the righteous but for lawbreakers and rebels, the ungodly and sinful, the unholy and irreligious; for those who kill their fathers or mothers, for murderers, and all sinners (I Tim 1:19).”

One day, we will “be holy, for [He is] holy (I Peter 1:16).” In heaven, we will be made perfect, only because of His selfless Sacrifice, Jesus.The forgiveness that God gives only intensifies His Greatness. 

We have been REDEEMED, RESCUED, SET FREE! We should not live in darkness anymore, but start striving for Holiness. Striving to become more like God in purity. 

I Peter 1:14 - 15 says, “As obedient children, do not be conformed to the passions of your former ignorance, but as he who called you is holy, you also be holy in all your conduct...”

Our God is Hágios.

Do you know Him? That’s MY King.



4 comments:

  1. Wow, MK, that's a powerful video! It's hard to comprehend that Jesus is all of those things, and yet He desires an intimate relationship with each of us. Mind-blowing, really.

    Thank you for reminding us of HOPE. That is so important for "good girls" like me who try so hard to be holy, and fail so often.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That pretty much sums it up for me :)
      Thanks for such an awesome post, MK.

      Melody
      http://thesongofthemaidens.wordpress.com/

      Delete
  2. Thanks, y'all! I thought that this was such a powerful topic and I was so excited to write about it!
    @ Rach - Loved your blog! It was super cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...