Saturday 6 April 2013

April 2013 Featured Girl: Haley Forbeck

This month the AS Bloggirls are thrilled to present Haley Forbeck as our featured follower! She describes herself as a Christian, fifteen years old, living on a farm in Kansas with her family. She has two little sisters (12 years and 1 month) and likes springtime, crafting, knitting, crocheting, blogging, photography, journaling, painting, flowers, books, letters, reading, and more! 

Let's get to know Haley a bit better.

What are the five words that best describe you?

Christian. Fifteen. Oldest-of-three. Thinker. Documenter.

What has been going on in your life this past month?

The birth of my new little sister, Charlotte Rose! She was born February 26, 2013.


What do you love about homeschooling, and what are your greatest struggles with it?

I really, really like homeschooling! I love that my mom and dad get to be my teachers, that I get to be with my mom and sisters all day long, that our schedule is more flexible, and that I'm taught from materials that have a Christian worldview. As for struggles with it, probably the sometimes mundane-ness of some days. We're usually pretty busy people, but when things start to slow down, I think that's when I struggle with doing the same thing everyday.


You have some amazing photographs on your blog. How did you get into photography in the first place, and how have you become so skilled?

Well, thank you! How I got into photography was through my mom. She got into it from my grandpa. Mom always had a camera from the time I was born. It was just sort of a natural thing. As for any skills, Mom taught me everything I know. Other than that, practice practice practice!


What has God been doing in your life lately?

He has been teaching me patience, that to everything there is a season, and to not be anxious.


What would you do if you knew you could not fail?

Two things: talk to people more and write more. If I knew for sure there would not be failure at the end of both those things, I would do them more.

Do you have a favorite book or author?

I don't exactly have a favorite book, but for a favorite book series I like the Viking Quest series by Lois Walfrid Johnson. And for a favorite author I like Janette Oke.

To view Haley's wonderful photos (and see a tutorial for the marvelous denim and lace jacket she's wearing), visit her blog at chapterthirteen-haley.blogspot.com. You can also find her on Instagram, Goodreads, and Polyvore.  

You can be featured too! Just drop us a line via our contact form to nominate yourself or another homeschool girl who is living large with Jesus.

1 comment:

  1. Haley, it's nice to meet you! :) I love the pictures on your blog... especially those baby ones (so sweet!) Is that your little sister?

    And, how lovely to meet a fellow writer and Janette Oke fan. She's my favorite author, too ;)

    Have a beautiful day!

    In Christ,

    Micaela :)
    www.everydayencouragements.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...