Wednesday 25 April 2012

Love is.... hard.

Pinned Image

This week's topic is about Scripture that challenges us... that calls us to deny ourselves and carry His cross... to live a life set apart for His glory. In thinking about what Scriptures challenges me {and trust me, deciding on just one wasn't easy!} I picked a verse, or rather passage, of Scripture that some may say is one of the simplest and sweetest contexts... yet I see more hidden behind it.
It involves... Love. Sounds easy, right? Wrong. Love can be very hard to live at times...

As children of God, we must reflect Him. He has called us to...

"...Therefore be imitators of God, as beloved children. And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God."
Ephesians 5:1-2

Walk in love. Well, that sounds easy enough, right? Wrong. :)
Before I walk in love, I should first learn what love truly is... so, what is love?

Well, love is
                                                                                                                                                                                    "...patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own  way; it is not irritable or resentful;  it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.
 Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things."
1 Corinthians 13: 4-7

Pinned Image



Oh. :) 
So, to walk in love means to be patient, kind, not envious or proud, selfless, and not irritable...
But it is hard at times.

When I am tired and exhausted and someone asks me to do them a favor, am I selfless? Am I showing love?

When some one has hurt me, am I not resentful or holding a grudge?
Am I showing love?

When all seems to be crumbling around me, do I bear all things?
Am I living love?




Love sounds easy at first, but when you realize what love is, you realize what a challenge it is to live Christ's love.But there's hope. We are not alone in our walk with Christ, for He is with us, to help us love out His love.

So when someone needs help, even though I may be worn out, He will give me the strength to serve. He will help me love.

When I have been hurt, He will help me forgive. He will help me show love.

When I don't understand why things are happening like they are, He will help me to bear it. He will help me live His love.

What a merciful Savior to help us reflect His love... to live His love daily in our hearts and lives. What a beautiful picture of love that He has portrayed through taking my place upon the cross, taking my shame and punishment so that I may be set free from my sin...showing me the depth of His love for me. By His grace, I must show His love to others...

"Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God."

1 John 4:7

Blessings,



1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...